Sunday, November 04, 2018

Sweet Temptations

After church today, we went over to our daughter's for chili, chips, and cider -- a pretty good autumn lunch. After lunch, Hannah brought out a big bowl of leftover Halloween candy as an offering for dessert. It was filled with a variety of treats, including a couple of my favorites.

I don't really know what all the bowl contained since I pretty much stayed with the small boxes of Milk Duds and the little packets of Whoppers. I'm not sure how much I ate, but I do know that I retrieved the bowl after Chris put it up so that she wouldn't have any more candy.

It's kind of weird that I would really like Milk Duds. They aren't made with good chocolate nor good caramel. Maybe it's just the taste that reminds me of something I really enjoyed from childhood.

So...
What are your favorite candies or Halloween treats?
It's a judgment free post so let's hear it!

John <><

3 comments:

AuntieAllyn said...

Butterfingers are my preferred candy! However, someone on Facebook recently mentioned the virtues of the 100 Grand bar so I checked it out . . . and I found it to be awfully good, too! And I would never turn down peanut M&Ms (not the plain ones).

John A Hill said...

I am a Butterfinger fan! If I'm grabbing a candy bar at a gas station, it's usually Butterfinger or Payday.

Mike said...

Kit Kat! and Twix! and frozen snack size Snickers!