Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Nov 14: Blog fodder

I have a bookmark file on my computer labeled "Blog fodder."
It's a place where I store links to articles about subjects that I think (or thought) might make a good topic for a post. Some of the articles are several years old and outdated now. Although I have used this file a time or two, it's mostly a place where ideas go to die.

I rarely think to myself, "I should look in the blog fodder file and pick a topic to write about."
No, I just don't post anything -- sometimes for weeks!
I think I need to clean out the fodder folder and start over. Some of the old links may be worth keeping, but many are past their relevant time frame.
Most of them have a religious or political theme, a few are on education or jobs, and the rest are a variety of topics that must have piqued my interest at some point.

For today I'll just write about not having anything to write about and begin the search for tomorrow's subject.
Any thoughts?
Any questions you need answered?
...ideas you need explored?
...stories you need told?

John <><


1 comment:

Mike said...

Your first paragraph? Me too. Mine is a favorite on chrome. I do check it every once in a while. But sometimes it's just easier to grab a meme. The memes usually get more comments than a long article.