Sunday, November 25, 2018

Nov 25: Inspired

I just finished reading one of the best books I've read in quite some time.
I've mentioned that I rarely read fiction any more, so it will come as no surprise that this isn't a work of fiction.
I have been following the author on Twitter for a while, and always enjoy her insights and seem to share many of her views and opinions.

I believe Inspired by Rachel Held Evans is a book that will help you to better understand the Bible or perhaps reconnect with your faith in God.



It is not without its controversy and I'm sure that it has many detractors that condemn some of the opinions of the author. This kind of approach to the Bible and its stories appeals to me. If you read my post What if we're wrong? from last month, you'll understand why. Skeptic that I am, I think it's fair to question everything.

If you are willing to read the Bible with an open mind and set aside some of the biases that you've been taught, I believe you will really enjoy Inspired and learn something about God and the great love he shows in Jesus. Even if it doesn't change your approach to the Bible, it will help you to understand how others may read the Bible.
If you have little room for questions or doubt in your faith, I'd recommend taking a pass on this one; it'll just make you angry.

In spite of all of my recent heresies, I'm still a fan of telling people --
God loves you.
Jesus died for you.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

"...I'm sure that it has many detractors that condemn some of the opinions of the author."

One group of Christians picking on another group of Christians? Say it ain't so!