Thursday, November 22, 2018

Nov 22, Thanksgiving: This is my time

It's my favorite part of the day.
It's morning.
The house is quiet.
I am alone.
I have my coffee.

Most mornings I have my laptop and am scrolling through Facebook, Twitter, blogs I read, etc. Sometimes I use my phone. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I just enjoy the quiet ... and my coffee.
Chris is usually at work or still in bed. Today, she is in bed.

I am thankful for this simple pleasure.
There are very few days that I don't get to start with this simple ritual of peacefulness.

In this quiet, I realize that I have way more stuff than I need. I have a garage full of stuff that is rarely (or never) used and should be sold.
I have a room full of magic props, books, and videos that I haven't used in quite some time and could be disposed of in some way.
Although we do use most of the space in our home, we could be comfortable with much less.
I have a humidor with enough cigars to last me several months, considering the time of year. (I don't smoke inside and it can be too cold to enjoy one outside.)
I am pretty simple and could certainly manage with much less than I have.

I hope that you have a quiet time; a time to just let the cares of the world slip away for a few moments. My quiet time is essential to my sanity and well being. It is a good thing.

To all of my American friends: Happy Thanksgiving! Pause and be thankful for your blessings.
To all of my international friends: Happy Thursday! Pause and be thankful for your blessings.

John <><



2 comments:

Mike said...

It's my favorite part of the day.
It's night.
The house is quiet.
I am alone.
I have my ice cream.

FIXED!

allenwoodhaven said...

How wonderful that you have peacefulness in your day; certainly something for which to have gratitude! I too love the quiet mornings, except I have a cup of Scottish tea instead of coffee. Add a good scone and I'm in bliss.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!