Thursday, November 01, 2018

National Blog Posting Month #NaBloPoMo

Traditionally, November has been National Blog Posting Month and challenges irregular bloggers (like me) to blog daily for the entire month. Although I haven't seen anything supporting that activity this year, I'm going to break out of my current non-posting funk and work on a daily post. I may share a few posts over at my other blog from time to time, but will post a link here when I do.

In a typically sadistic fashion (writers can be brutal in their writing habits), November is also NaNoWriMo -- National Novel Writing Month.
It comes with the challenge of writing a novel in a month (or at least working on one daily during the month). I have a start to two books in my files, but haven't even looked at them for quite some time. One is fiction; one is not.

I don't really think of myself as fiction writer. I'm not sure that I have the creative imagination necessary for such an undertaking. I haven't even done a lot of fiction reading over the past several years. Most of my reading has been about learning rather than reading for pleasure or entertainment. Maybe it's time to do a little fiction reading again.

A recent cell phone crash has left me without my Books to read list.
If you have a favorite novel or author that I should put on my list, consider this your opportunity to share it with me.
And while you're at it, why not share a topic that you would like to see covered in a blog post this month. The internet offers several lists of daily blog topics, but I'm sure that the few readers I still have would be able to come up with some great ones, as well.

November 1
Wow!
Maybe I'll take a look at those long forgotten books I started in a past life.
or maybe I'll delete them and come up with some current passion or thought.
Hmmm...

Have a great November!
John <><

No comments: