Monday, November 26, 2018

Nov 26: Magic

I've decided to start relearning some magic effects. Because I've never really had a venue for performing close up magic, I've never really worked on it. I still don't have the venue for it, but it has always fascinated me, so I think I'll start to try some new stuff.

I know that my hands are less conditioned for close up than they once were. A little arthritis in the thumbs and the drier skin that comes naturally with aging will present some challenges. Cards and coins are good places to start for close up stuff. A little mentalism also works in some situations. I have hundreds (probably thousands) of dollars in books and videos to work with. The real challenge will be to get good enough at each effect or discipline before moving on to something else.
I may have to work up a schedule of so much time for cards, some time for coins, time for reading, time for viewing, etc.

If you know me, give me some time. Eventually, I hope to always have something at hand. Perhaps that is unrealistic. I don't really know since I've never done much in the way of close up magic.
For now it's just something to do. Maybe it's something that I'll eventually be able to market, although I'm not starting out with that as a goal.

Play time!

John <><

3 comments:

Mike said...

Good luck with your schedule. Maybe you could do coins while you're walking.

John A Hill said...

You mean I have to add walking back into my schedule,too?

Cloudia said...

Glad to hear it, Mage