Saturday, November 24, 2018

Nov 24: What day is it?

One of the difficult things in retirement is keeping track of what day of the week it is. For the most part, it's not a big deal. It's just a little frustrating at times. I generally have Chris' work schedule to help me, but she's off work for a few weeks due to foot surgery.
It's only been a week, but ...

Even though yesterday (Friday) felt like a Saturday, I'm pretty sure that today is Saturday. I guess it doesn't really matter. My phone alarm is set for weekly wake-ups on Sunday and Friday for church and serving breakfast (even though I don't serve every Friday). I might need a reminder for garbage day during the weeks Chris is off work. And for Thursday night bar church.

My social media feeds keep me up to date on hockey games and mma fights (both are on tonight, plus I need to watch the replay of the UFC Beijing fights since I didn't get up at 2:30 am to watch them live).

All in all, definitely a first world, retirement problem.
Enjoy the day -- whatever day it happens to be!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I've almost missed Saturday jokes a few times because I thought it was a different day.