Thursday, November 29, 2018

Nov 29: Quiet time

It's late afternoon and I'm just getting around to posting today. My morning coffee and quiet time was pleasantly interrupted by a text message from my daughter wanting to know if I wanted to meet her for coffee. I had slept in today (I'm retired, so...) and it was almost 10:30, but I was just on my first cup of coffee.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy having coffee with my baby.  It really is a thrill that she still wants to spend time with her dad. We enjoyed our coffee and conversation for about an hour and then I came home to work in the yard for a couple of hours.

It almost made it to 60f (15c) in the Ozarks today, so it was a good day to be out.
I knocked off early so that I could sit and enjoy a cigar while relaxing in the afternoon sun.
I call this Nicaraguan the best cheap cigar you'll ever smoke!



One of my blogging friends posted this blog about silence today.
Personally, I don't think I'd have a problem with it. I'm more comfortable with quiet than with noise. I realize that total silence may be different, but I still don't think it would be a problem.
How about you?
Would total silence drive you crazy?

Just wondering...

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

When I saw that first meme I thought of you right away.