Saturday, November 17, 2018

Nov 17: Big boy toys

Today I get to play with a new toy!
To aid in the clean up of leaves dumped by two large oak trees, one pin oak, one maple and a couple of other leafy wonders, I bought a leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher.


I wouldn't normally refer to yard work as fun, but compared to raking leaves, this has got to be much better! The downside to looking at my leaf covered yard is that there are still more leaves still on the trees than they have dropped in my yard! Some of these trees will hold the dead leaves until the new growth of the spring forces the old leaves out.

For today, I'm going to remember all of the cooling shade these leaves provided during the summer and I'm going to be thankful for this new toy that will make the job both easier and quicker.
Time to get to work ... er, I mean play!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I've had one of these before. they are fun until it comes to getting rid of the mulched leaves. We can't burn here so I would have to sign up for yard waste pickup. So my solution is to just mulch the leaves with the mower. Free fertilizer.