Friday, December 14, 2012

Mom

As far as I can remember, it was never Mommy. It wasn't Mama or Ma.
It's always been Mom.

To Dad, it's Bebe (that's two short e sounds, emphasis on the second syllable).
To relatives and very close family friends, it's been Bebe to my aunts and uncles and Aunt Bebe to all of the cousins (and there are a bunch of them).
To her seventeen grandkids, she is Grandma.
To everybody else, she is Leticia.

Today is her birthday!

Her Facebook profile says she is 75, so I guess it is okay to post that here, too. I know that mentioning a woman's age is a tricky thing at times, but I'll go with it since she wears her age so well.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I hope that you have a grand day.

John <><

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

May she have a joyful birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Sicilian said...

You hug your Mom - and I hope you make her birthday very special.

Ciao

Big Sky Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!