Friday, December 07, 2012

Christmas Wish List

When it comes to a Christmas wish list, mine is pretty short. Chris and I have been blessed to have the things that we need and many of the things that we want. We don't have smart phones and my tablet is a cheap clone. We have a single laptop that was a cheap sale computer from a couple of Christmases past. My car is more than 20 years old.

We have what we need.

I am looking forward to going out for coffee or lunch with Hannah when she is home during her short semester break. I hope to go out for some hot wings with Aaron when he and Jenny are here for a few days. I'd be happy to give them a chance to beat me at a game of Scrabble or Five Crowns. Having them home to spend some time together as a family is enough.

It's funny how quiet the normal seems after a few days of having them here. And I'm not talking about quiet as in a lack of noise. It's more like a lack of activity that makes it seems quiet; makes it feel empty. It will be more than a week until Hannah is home and New Year's weekend before Aaron and Jenny make it. Having them here is what we look forward to this season.

God is good.
We have more than what we need.
We are blessed.

John <><



No comments: