Thursday, December 13, 2012

Feel Good Days

Ever have those days that just feel like good days? Days that simple things happen to make you smile?

Yeah, it's been one of those days...and it will carry over into tomorrow to make tomorrow one of those days, too.

It hasn't been a big deal or anything, just some simple things that happened today and some simple pleasures that I will enjoy tomorrow. First, I've been looking forward to the meteor shower tonight. The Geminid shower is generally pretty good and it's been a while since I've really been able to enjoy a meteor shower. I'll be working in the tower tonight through the peak hours so it should be pretty sweet.

Many people that enjoy watching the different showers throughout the year might be interested to know that, unlike most showers, the Geminids are not caused from the Earth's orbit intersecting the orbit of a comet. This one is caused from intersecting the orbit of an asteroid. You can read about it here.

Earlier today I made a lunch appointment for tomorrow. I am meeting a friend that I haven't seen for a little while and am just looking forward to it. I also want to share a book with him that I think he will enjoy.

Just after that, another friend called to ask if I would talk to her son about receiving Jesus as his Savior. I am really honored by this request and have set up a time to talk to him tomorrow afternoon. If you feel so inclined, I would appreciate your prayers for Jack (and for me, too).

Chris and I stopped by Hopedale's live nativity tonight. Chris had the opportunity to get to know one of our new people and one of the new supervisors from the tower stopped by with his family.

I just have to say, "It's been a pretty good day!"
And I am looking forward to tomorrow.
Saturday, Hannah will be home.

To borrow from a Christmas classic, "It's a wonderful life!"

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm too much in the city to see a good meteor shower. I go outside and get a sore neck looking up and never see anything. But that won't stop me from trying again tonight.