Sunday, December 02, 2012

First Sunday of Advent

Advent is a time to prepare for the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus. It is the time that covers the four Sundays prior to Christmas.

From the time I was a kid, Advent has been about preparing for Christmas. This year, Advent will be different. After reading this article from The Gospel Coalition, Advent takes on a whole new meaning. It makes my focus on the Return of My Lord Jesus.

The author makes some good points about living without the expectation of His return vs. how we live as an expectant believer. Remembering that He is coming again always gives me a sense of urgency about sharing the Good News of God's grace and salvation through His son Jesus.

I would echo the author's invitation and ask you to join us in skipping the "Christmas Season" celebration. By all means, celebrate Christmas and the birth of our Savior. But lets keep Advent about preparing for His coming--His return.

John <><

No comments: