Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Glory to God in the highest...

...and on earth, peace among those with whom He is pleased. Luke 2:14 ESV

Merry Christmas.

Today's post is short and simple. My prayer for today is that God would grant you peace as He takes pleasure in you.

I leave you with on of my favorite Christmas songs. It is one that I have never heard played on the radio. I've never heard it sung any where other than on a collection of Christmas songs CD that we picked up sometime ago. Chances are good that unless you heard it here a couple of years ago, you may not have heard it either. It's a great song and it tells a great story.

If you want to know the story behind the song, you can re-read this post and listen to its video link.

Merry Christmas



John <><

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Thats a beautiful story. If only that sort of peace can come over more people in the world.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

John A Hill said...

Thank you, Amanda. I trust that you, Richard and the boys have had a great Christmas Day.
Merry Christmas!

Bilbo said...

I never heard that song, although I'm well aware of the story of the Christmas Truce. John, I wish you and your family a very happy and blessed Christmas and a safe, happy, and healthy new year! This year, I finally managed to meet up with Mike ... perhaps in 2013 you and I can finally get together! Best wishes, Bilbo.

John A Hill said...

I hope that we can meet, Bill. I'm in need of some classic curmudgeon instruction!

Blessings to you and Agnes for a happy 2013!

Mike said...

It could happen again. Maybe in 2114 for the 100th anniversary.

Merry Christmas.

John A Hill said...

2014...It would be nice if it lasts for 100 years.

Merry Christmas to you and Claudia. We'll have to plan a Ted Drewe's meet this year!