Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Baseball 365

Now that Christmas 2012 is past  (okay, so we still have a little more Christmas with Aaron and Jenny this weekend), it's time to talk about...

...baseball!

Baseball is never far from the hearts and minds of many people. I know that for many, football is the sport of choice. But how can a real sports fan be satisfied with a season of less than twenty games? Basketball? Okay, I get it. Not bad, just too many prima donas for my taste.

In a normal off season, I say that the NFL is what I watch between the end of the World Series and the beginning of Spring Training...if there isn't a hockey game on! This year's NHL labor dispute has caused me to look for other reasons to avoid the NFL.

I'm not one of those that is wrapped up in MLB's Winter Meetings or one that gets constant updates from the MLB or my favorite team. I'm just ready for the 2013 season! The Hall of Fame* broadcaster Jack Buck understood. One of the many poems that he wrote was 365.

For those that are slightly less interested fans, pitchers and catchers report to camp on Feb. 12. That's less than seven weeks away!

Here's a link to read Jack Buck's poem.

PLAY BALL!

John <><

* Jack Buck was inducted to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1987, the Broad Casters Hall of Fame in 1990 and the Radio Hall of Fame in 1995.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Maybe it's time to get Australian going. Amanda can be your lead person.

Mike said...

Well crap. Australian BASEBALL!!!!!