Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Unexpected Shower

It's a quiet morning and I am enjoying listening to the rainfall of an unexpected shower this morning. It is a nice way to end my morning meditation time.

The weather app on my phone only showed a 7% chance of rain this morning and I expect this shower to be brief. But it is nice while it lasts and the gentle rain this morning is far better than the wind and storms of Sunday night. 
I was hoping to take the motorcycle out for the 40 minute ride to the hospital to make my chaplain rounds today, but I think the car is going to be a safer choice today. Maybe I'll ride the bike into Springfield tonight for the baseball game. 

I'm going to use today's unexpected shower as a prompt to make a couple of contacts -- you know, kind of an unexpected encouragement to a couple of people. 
If you were going to drop a -- "Hey, just thinking of you. Hope you're having a great day,"  kind of note to somebody -- who would you send it to?
Why not just go ahead and do that?
Go on. Do it now. Your phone is right there. Just pick it up and send the message. 
You'll both feel better for it!

     * * * * *

I just posted over on my Unhealthy Guy's blog about my August goals. It's too bad I haven't been able to find that stick-to-it determination that I really need to maintain the effort. Writing does tend to keep me more focused so maybe I need to make more regular posts to be self-accountable.

I've got some things to do this morning so I'd better get off of the chromebook and get busy.

Have a grand day!
John

No comments: