Thursday, August 03, 2023

Frozen Coffee

I'm going to experiment this afternoon.
Prep for today's experiment began last night when I brewed some coffee, let it cool, added a little heavy cream, and then poured it into ice cube trays and put it in the freezer.

Some time this afternoon (when the temp is supposed to hit 104f, 40c) I'll throw some of those cubes in the blender with a splash of Mexican vanilla, a bit of chocolate syrup, a little cinnamon, and a (healthy) shot of tequila. I may need to add a little milk or cream to get the right consistency, but I'm looking for my own take on a frozen Mexican coffee. If I were making it for guests I'd probably top it with whipped cream, drizzle a little more chocolate on it, and maybe sprinkle some more cinnamon. I don't need all that showy stuff for just me.
Freezing the coffee will keep it from tasting like watered down coffee the way coffee and ice eventually does.
It's 8am and already 82, feels like 97, so I'm looking forward to this frozen drink. I don't know if it will be too hot to enjoy it on the deck with a cigar or not, but I am looking forward to it with or without the stogie.

I'll let you know.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

It's noon now and only 79. We've been on the other side of the cold front for a couple of days now. Our highs are only going to get into the high 80s for the rest of the week.