Thursday, July 15, 2021

Something Different for Today

I'm going to try something different today and start the active part of my day a little earlier. 
Typically, I spend a good part of the morning drinking coffee, browsing the internet, reading, contemplating, and basically getting ready (or procrastinating) to do what I plan on doing for the day. It is often past noon (and moving towards the hottest part of the day) before I actually get around to doing anything. I'm going to change that up a bit and actually start working a little earlier today.

It is about a year past due, but today's plan is to work on the John Deere room -- put up some shelving, hang some garden tools, unpack crap that was packed up almost two years ago. 
Hmmm..."packed up almost two years ago" sounds like that crap probably needs to get thrown out!
That's the plan for today. I'll save the lawn work for the cooler temperatures forecast for the weekend.

Truthfully, I am not much of a planner and I'm not very organized about my day. I could probably benefit from more structure, but that seems a little stressful for such a laid back person like myself. Isn't it weird how one person can be very stressed by a job that is undone and another is stressed by having to stick to a schedule to get the job done.
How are you wired?
Schedule or more carefree?
Easily stressed or more laid back?
Work on something unfamiliar or hire an expert?
Just curious.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I should have been out cutting the grass two hours ago. It's supposed to rain later this afternoon.