Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Legacy

How do people remember you? I remember before I retired I wrote about this. 
Recently I've seen a few posts or memes that have me thinking about how we remember people and how they might remember us. An ATC friend whom I've never met posted this:





I wonder how often I really think about things like that during the day. I wonder if I've even had that kind of inspiring influence on my kids, their friends, or the many kids that have been in one of the camps I pastored. I can't change the past. I can work on today.

In truth, all of my opportunity to be a positive influence or inspiration to somebody today is wrapped up in this pathetic little blog. I do not expect to have much interaction with anyone today. I plan to be working in the garden and yard for part of the day, and sitting on my deck for the rest of the day. I don't even plan to be on Facebook much to repost some inspiring article or cheesy meme. In fact, I recently deleted (again) the Facebook app from my phone. I can still access it through the browser, but I don't get any notifications and I access it less often. 

Maybe today isn't going to be one of those days. I consider most days to be successful if I haven't pissed someone off. It might be one of those days, instead. We'll see.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I know the bad rap Facebook gets but it keeps me more in touch with my daughter.