Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Oops! I Missed It!

 I missed my Blogoversary!
Sunday marked 15 years that I've been publishing at Out of My Hat.
In truth, I've never been very disciplined about posting on a regular basis. I've managed some good streaks during November's National Blog Posting Mo (NaBloPoMo), or February's National Haiku Writing Month (NaHaiWriMo), as well as a few other streaks at Christmas or for a Bible study. In general, I just post when I feel like it or when I think something needs to be addressed.

Although I do like to watch the stats to see how many people are reading, I've reached the point where I mostly post because I enjoy it and I realize that most people don't really care what someone else thinks (unless it affirms what they think).

I have a personal philosophy that says -- Never accept criticism from a person you wouldn't go to for advice. The same should hold true for opinions, and I don't really expect the words of this blog to sway many people's thoughts. It's really just a way for me to organize what I'm thinking or to vent some stress and frustration into the virtual cloud of the internet. Every now and then I manage to write something that I look at and think -- Hey, that's some pretty good stuff!
For the most part, it's just stuff that's rolling around in my head and sort of leaks out onto the keyboard.

I don't read as many blogs as I once did and few of the bloggers that I started reading back in the day are still blogging. I haven't picked up new blogs as many of the older ones have dropped off and Facebook, Twitter, and other social forums seem to have taken the place of many one prolific bloggers.
It may be that personal blogs are just one more boomer thing that I'm hanging on to.

Happy belated Blogoversary to me!
Maybe I'll work on better content for year 16.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I've found some blogs lately that have been around since the early 2000s.