Friday, November 23, 2012

More on Thanksgiving (part 3)

This post wraps up the re-posting of last year's thankful list from November.
I don't want to give the impression that I didn't have anything to be thankful for this year.
2012 has been a great year.
Chris, Hannah and I had a great vacation near Tulum, Mexico in May.
We've been able to spend some time with Aaron and Jenny.
I had some part in four different camps this past summer as well as opportunities to share the gospel at several churches throughout the year.

...And I am eligible to retire! To avoid tax penalties and still be able to get at my thrift savings plan, I may have to continue working for a little bit longer, but it is nice to have the eligibility under my belt.

There are many things that I seem to take for granted every day. There are even people that I take for granted. I'm sorry for that. I need to be more aware of everything and everybody that blesses me each day. Perhaps listing things that we are thankful for only during the month of November is more shallow than it is meant to be. Do we continue in our gratitude for one more week and then go back to being the ungrateful people that we are the remaining eleven months of the year? Maybe we just need to make "thank you" a more frequent part of our vocabulary. Maybe we need to make thankfulness more of an attitude of our hearts.

This was my post to complete last year's list.

This year I'd like to leave the list open. I'd like to add to it ... often.

As for this post, I'd like to close by thanking you for stopping by to read Out of My Hat from time to time. Thanks for leaving your comments and thanks for sharing Out of My Hat with your friends. If you care to follow me on social networks, I'm here on Facebook, on Twitter @magicianary,and here on LinkedIn.

However you choose to celebrate the coming holidays, I wish you well. May your days be filled with love and joy.
And may God smile on you as he has on me.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

Here's raising your cone to number 31 again.