Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

It's a rare night that I have trouble falling asleep. I really don't know what's up tonight (other than me), but it appears to be one of those nights. As long as I'm not sleeping, I figure that laying awake in bed is a waste of time. I decided that I'd get up and do something for a short while and perhaps sleep will come.

As a sleep aid, I decided to look back at posts to Out of My Hat that come up when I type "Christmas" into the search bar. Wow! There were some good posts. Some of them were a bit repetitive (I guess I should do a quick search before re-writing another similar post each Christmas), but good stuff just the same.

The post that I've had more hits on than any other post was from the first Christmas after I started blogging in 2006. Title was Merry Xmas. Go ahead and click this link to reread it and keep it as my number one post!

I think my favorite one was from the following Christmas season (2007). It's a good reminder to everybody that the season is for celebrating different holidays and in different ways. Be gracious as people wish you "Happy holidays" and accept it as a sincere wish of happiness for you and yours. Oh wait, I don't want to rewrite another post so if you want, you can reread it here. Maybe you haven't been following this post for the past 5 years and it will be a first time read. In either case, enjoy.

Maybe reading my own posts has brought on the necessary drowsiness that I can get a few hours of sleep (4) before the alarm sounds and it's time to face another day.

Be well.
Merry Christmas and Happy holidays!

John <><

2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It was an excellent post, John.

People should be gracious about good wishes, no matter in what form they occur. There are several different holidays in this season for people to enjoy and be thankful for.

Not a time for Bah, humbug!

Mike said...

Nice refresher course.