Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Election Day: It's not what you think

One last comment about election day--
Okay, so it's probably not my last comment about election day, but then again, I'm not talking about a political election.

I'm talking to my fellow followers of Jesus and encouraging them to be certain of their election.
Read this short passage from 2 Peter 1:5-11.

Did you get that? Look at the qualities that Peter tells us to add to our faith: goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection and love. He says that possessing these in increasing measure will keep us from being unproductive and ineffective in our knowledge of our Lord Jesus.

Then he tells us to be certain of our calling and our election.

Are you a follower of Jesus?
Does the fruit of your walk give testimony of your following?
Are you giving verbal testimony (saying that you're a follower) but not living a life that demonstrates that you are actually a follower of Jesus?

From time to time I encounter people that will realize that they are not really followers of Jesus. They have said that they are. They really want to be His followers. But self examination leads them to the conclusion that are not and never really have been a follower of Jesus.

So, I'll ask again--Are you a follower of Jesus?
Would you like to be?

Call me. Text me. Send an e-mail. Leave me a comment.
Eternity stands in the balance.

John <><

No comments: