Saturday, April 30, 2022

The Week/Month in Review

Holy smokes! Another month has come to an end and we are 1/3 of the way through 2022!
The calendar serves to mark the passing of time or to measure the distance to upcoming events in our lives. Its overall purpose doesn't matter near as much to me as it once did.

April coming to a close brings us closer to the months of summer. I am really enjoying the spring weather and had forgotten how much I truly enjoy sitting on the deck and listening to the sounds of nature. I especially like the morning coffee time on the deck. 
Groucho the cat also enjoys the deck and seems to be happiest when we leave the back door open and she can come and go as she chooses. She is currently taking her post-breakfast snooze on the futon as I sip my coffee and type on the keyboard.

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of the daily yard work thing. It will sure look pretty once the flower beds are built, planted, and in full bloom. Until then, it is a lot of work. On some days I remember how thankful I am that I didn't have to do the manual labor thing for my daily job. 
The exercise and activity has been good for me. I am sleeping better (not that it's been a problem), feeling better, and have lost a couple of pounds this past week. 

The overall scope of my life remains pretty narrow. There really isn't much more than sitting on the deck or working in the yard. Chris has started morning exercise with a friend. The yard is now my exercise/activity. My only regular outings are Thursday nights at 425 (aka Barchurch) and Sunday mornings at The Venues. And while I do enjoy those times, I don't think my life or happiness would suffer greatly without them. 

I'm spending a little less time on social media platforms. I've been posting results of daily word games, but trying to refrain from too much scrolling. Those damned reels can really drag me into a black hole that sucks away the minutes of life. 
As a kind of experiment, I posted this blog last week without a Facebook link. It only got about half of the normal hits. Maybe I'll post this one without a Twitter link. I know the analytics gives me the information on where readers come from, but a little practical experiment is fun, too. 

I did manage to finish a few books in April (5, I think), and will continue to read through the summer. I need to get back to some non-fiction, educational reading. Fiction is fun and entertaining but sometimes feels like wasting time watching television sitcoms or drama series. 

Sun is breaking through the clouds, so I guess it's time to get to work.
Enjoy the weekend!

John

No comments: