Monday, April 04, 2022

Spring in SWMO

It is a foggy, rainy Monday morning in Highlandville, MO. It looks like the coming week will be overcast and then downright cold by Friday night. I hope those early gardens survive. I started some plants in egg containers and can easily bring them in. It would have been nice if they had some good days of sunshine to get started. I know a few early gardeners, but think that early April is a bit too soon for this area. 

Most of my potted starts are flowers. I'm looking forward to the spring and summer colors and am looking to add plenty of flower space this year. 
As for vegetables, I hope that my second year garden beds will be better producers than last year. They'll have a little deeper soil and it should be a little richer, as well. I'm going to have a few more cucumber plants than last year, and also a couple more tomato plants. I should probably get some pepper plants started.
I haven't decided what kind of green beans to grow, nor have I decided if I'll give popcorn another try.
I didn't grow cabbage or zucchini last year, but might add a plant or two this year.
I've started some spaghetti squash.
I'm wondering about broccoli or cauliflower.
I'm probably not going to grow potatoes this year.
I've thought about a couple of pumpkin plants, but am undecided. 

And we need to decide on some herbs.

What's going to go in your garden?

John

No comments: