Friday, April 01, 2022

April 1st and Looking for a coffee shop

It is hard to believe that 2022 is already 25% over!
Although it has been a mild winter, it's like the year doesn't really start until spring arrives and I can spend more quality time in the sun. I know lots of people enjoy the outdoors in the winter, too -- but not me!

It's still right around freezing outside this morning so I'm inside with the fireplace warming up the living room from the cool indoor temp of 61 (16c). It is sunny out and the day will warm up nicely. I'm looking forward to working on the flower beds and garden during the month of April.
I'm going to begin by building a little outdoor table/workbench. I need a place to pot plants and stuff. It is amazing how much lumber costs these days! Four 2 x 4s and a few screws is $40! I'm glad we built this house before those prices went up. We could probably sell it right now for a 50% profit and move to Mexico. 
Hmmm...

As the spring progresses and I start spending more time working around the yard, I think I'll be spending less time on the computer and less time on the blog. One thing that I'd like to do more of this year is ride the bike.

My motorcycle has been parked in the garage for all of last year and most of the year before. It hasn't even been tagged to ride for over a year. It is now ready to ride and I even managed about 100 miles last week. I think I'd like to start a regular practice of a weekly morning ride for coffee. It would be better if I am meeting someone for a little conversation to go with my coffee, but I suppose I can enjoy coffee and my laptop and try a little blogging about whatever local coffee shop I happen to stop at on that particular day. Mornings will be pretty cool for a little longer, so it might be a while before I get this practice started. 

Looking ahead to next week, Monday morning looks like it has possibilities. 
Anybody up for a Monday morning cup of coffee somewhere within 60 miles or so of Highlandville?
Let me know in the comments or send me a text or message. Otherwise I'll be the pathetic, lonely, old guy sitting by himself at a coffee shop.
Actually, that doesn't sound so bad.

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm sure there's a coffee shop close to Ted Drews.

John A Hill said...

Mike,
1 You're a little too far for morning coffee.
2 I don't think you drink coffee and I don't think you get up until mid day
3 Yeah, we'll make it a Ted Drewe's meet.