Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Getting into the Spring of Things...

I'm adapting to a new schedule, or at least working on it.
Chris has started morning exercise classes with a friend. They're meeting at the Ozarks' Community Center (The OC) for 9am classes. That has Chris going to bed before midnight instead of her usual 3-4am time. Although I usually manage to stay up until after the midnight hour, I am usually in bed by 1. Last night was much earlier.

I've been hitting the new day's Wordle and Quordle puzzles just after midnight when they become available, but was already in bed by that time last night. A couple of my Facebook friends had already posted their results to my page by the time I got up this morning. I'll get to it after a little bit.

This is shaping up to be an unusually active kind of week for this retired introvert. We have lunch with another couple today, dinner with our small group tonight, dinner with shelter volunteers tomorrow night, barchurch on Thursday followed by drinks and conversation with a friend. 
I might have to hibernate for a week!

Actually, it's not so bad. A couple of those engagements are pretty energy neutral and barchurch can even be a bit of a midweek charge depending on the night. I still have these quiet mornings and I should have some good deck time as spring moves forward. It looks like I'll be able to get to work in the yard this week. It's been pretty rainy in the past, but this week looks promising.
I ordered a load of topsoil for the flower beds, garden and to fill some low spots where water pools in the yard. I expect to get it sometime in the next week (provided the rain holds off). They're a bit behind in deliveries due to the past weeks of rain. That will serve as my daily dose of exercise/activity.

All in all, I'm okay with the shift in sleeping time. I didn't sleep quite as well last night, but I'm pretty adaptable so I expect that to change. 
More activity, good sleep, maybe some better eating habits -- it could be a whole new me by summer!
I hope your spring is going well, too.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

It's one thing if you have to get up early, but to exercise?! Say it ain't so.