Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Morning Coffee ☕

It's a little cool in the Ozarks this morning. I'm not a fan of having to wear sweatpants, a sweater, and socks to enjoy my coffee and quiet time on the deck. The view is nice and peaceful with only the sounds of birds and the not too distant highway.

Here is the view of our property after a fresh mowing.



It won't be long before the trees at the tree line lose their leaves and a couple of the houses directly behind us will be visible through the trunks and branches. I need to plant some evergreens out there.

Last winter we talked about using clear plastic to enclose the screened in deck so that it's more comfortable to use during the winter. Maybe this year, maybe not.


Something fixed would be the easiest way to go, but since many days are nice enough to sit out during the day, I'd rather have something that can be raised and lowered or open and closed. I'm just not sure I'm up to that kind of planning and work.
Just looking at it and thinking about it is giving me some ideas. I'll get back to you on it.
Just what I need--another project!
Of course, if I do enclose the porch, I won't need to build a separate mini-greenhouse. I can just pot and plant stuff on the deck. Hmmm...
Something else to think about.

Or I can just plan on morning coffee inside by the fireplace--my winter morning Plan B.
Have a grand day!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Raised and lowered or open and closed would be the way to go but I don't have any ideas of the top of my head. Plastic isn't going to be insulated enough and it would be noisy in the wind.