Friday, October 08, 2021

Old Habits

I suppose some of you that follow both my blog and my Facebook noticed that I haven't exactly been absent from posting or commenting over the past 24 hours or so.
Old habits are indeed difficult to break. To help me in that endeavor, I just removed the Facebook app from my phone. I'll still be able to log in from my phone's browser, but the additional step will give me something to consider. I'm not deleting nor abandoning FB, I just want to use it much less.

Time away from social media and not opening my laptop this morning gave me more contemplative time while enjoying my coffee and it gave me some time to read. I'm not too into The Knowledge Machine. It isn't that it is uninteresting, I'm just not really digging it right now. I'll manage to push through and read it because it does add to my own knowledge base and has already given me things to ponder as I work through life.

Do you have old habits that need to be adjusted or discarded?
What are they and how do you plan to adjust or get rid of them?
It is said that changing habits is easier than just quitting one. So if you stop one, what will you do to replace it?
Do tell!

John

No comments: