Friday, October 29, 2021

Reading Record

Well, this happened this week

Sixty seven consecutive days of reading on my Kindle. 
The 24 titles include an eight book series, two of seven books, and one of four books--each series counted as one title.. That adds 22 more books to make it 46 on Kindle plus the actual books read. 
I realize that I read very little compared to many avid readers, but this is a bit of a big deal to me. It has been a long time since I've been a regular reader. 

I read on different reader sites that many people still shun electronic readers for reading an actual book. I've become a big fan of the Kindle app on my phone and to a lesser degree, my tablet. I always have a book available if I find my self waiting somewhere -- yesterday while getting the oil changed, and again while waiting for my flu vaccine and covid booster, for example.
I don't have to weigh down a suitcase with vacation reading. The books are on my phone.
I do utilize the library, and enjoy buying and owning books. I regularly read both types of media.

I have noticed that I'm getting fewer great deals for books on Kindle and the cost of offers seems to be going up. I do have a few other sources for free books and low cost e-books.
I hope you are reading.

John

No comments: