Friday, October 01, 2021

Last Quarter

It's October and we are in the final quarter of 2021.
I don't think that '21 turned out to be the year most of us were hoping for, but the calendar pages change regardless. 

Now might be a good time to assess how our 2021 projects and goals are going. I am a little behind on some of mine, but they really aren't that pressing.
Most of our flowers came in nicely this year. The vegetable garden was a different story. 
We managed to get some produce, but needed to have a better bed to get a better yield. I'm starting now to prepare the beds for next spring, so we should do better in our 2022 vegetable garden.

We are also adding flower garden space.
Can you have too many flowers?
I think not.
I'm re-working my compass rose garden to have a bit more flower space. I thing I'll use the added space for some low growing, but colorful annuals, and the inside part of the compass circle will have perennials. Maybe I should include some roses in the compass rose garden. The centerpiece of the compass rose will be a sundial on a post. It's not exactly like a floral clock that supposedly exists in Niagara, but it will be my SWMO version of a floral timepiece.
We will also be adding more flowers to the front flower beds and creating a place for sunflowers on the west side of the house.

As you can see, I have plenty of projects to keep me busy -- and that doesn't count the shelves that need to be built in the basement and all of the pitching, cleaning, and organizing that needs to be done there. A truly ambitious person would never have time to read a book, smoke a cigar, or just sit and enjoy the sounds of nature. I should probably try to find something in between the two.

So,
How are your 2021 goals coming along?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"Now might be a good time to assess how our 2021 projects and goals are going."
You've started them?! My my, aren't we ambitious.