Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Work Day

The Fourth of July holiday interrupted my self-imposed get-caught-up-on-yard-work schedule, so I'll be back at that today. I used the push mower to do about half of the yard on Monday and will use it again today to do about half of what's left. I'll finish mowing the yard and get to the weed eating /trim work tomorrow. Any way you look at it there is plenty of work to last for days. The heat index is already in the mid 90s (35C) and is expected to be around 106F (41C) in the early afternoon. I should probably get started soon so I can get today's part finished before it is too hot.

Working outside does a number of things for me --
* it gets me outside in the sunshine
* it gives me something physical to do that isn't too strenuous
* it keeps me grounded (in touch with planet earth)
* it keeps me away from people

I have to admit that I am really enjoying just sitting on the deck this morning and getting reconnected to the rural sounds and natural vibe of home. There is a very calming energy from the earth and all of its beauty. I think it is medicine for both body and spirit. It's almost enough to keep me sitting here soaking it in rather than getting up and getting to work. 
I'll just have to look forward to being back here after the work is finished.

Be well, my friends.
Be at peace with others.
Be at peace with yourselves.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Peace.

My post today has some info about magic.