Friday, July 07, 2023

Coffee Shop Morning

Good morning from Architect Coffee Co. in south Springfield! I  had an 8am doctor's appointment for my annual physical today and decided to treat myself to a coffee shop coffee today. I'm doing the thumb tappy thing and typing this out on my phone.

This place is packed at just before 9am on a Friday morning! There are a number of business meetings, several studying students, and quite a few casual get-togethers over a cup of coffee. It's apparently quite the meeting place.

It's far too noisy to be a morning quiet time for today's coffee, but watching people interact and catching bits of conversations is interesting. Even though I am not always a fan of interacting with others, I am always an observer of people interactions.

Last night was the return to weekly meetings at The Venues at 425 (formerly known as Barchurch). It was a kind of forced interaction to encourage people to get to know one another and build relationships with The Venues being the beginning common ground. 

I think it went well. It will be interesting to see how it evolves. I'm also interested in the perspective of others that were there. I don't know if I'll have much of an opportunity to hear the unfiltered comments. I'm sure there will be tweaks here and there, but it was a good first night.

I'm going to retreat to the quiet of my car and finish my coffee on the road. All of this noise, a literal assault on the ears, is a brutal way to begin a day. I'm grateful for my quiet deck.

Be well, my friends.

John

No comments: