Sunday, July 02, 2023

¡Adios, Puerto Vallarta!

It is time to return home after being here in Puerto Vallarta for the past four weeks. Travel days are never fun, but at least we'll get to stress over the tight connection we have in Atlanta this evening. The time between arrival and departure is an hour and forty minutes, but we'll need to go through US Customs and recheck Chris's one checked bag, so it should be tight. It would be nice if our flight out of PV could arrive a little early. The ATL to SGF flight is the last one of the day.
I looked into an earlier flight out of PV, but there wasn't one available. No worries. It's not like we have jobs to go to tomorrow. We may just be spending the night in Atlanta.

I have a book to read, my phone to scroll through, and a couple of movies downloaded in case there isn't anything on the flight that I want to watch. I should be just fine for the day.
It will be nice to be back home tonight (hopefully).

I don't know when we'll be back to PV. I'd like to be in Mazatlan next April for the total eclipse. That would be a great way to end the Midwest cold weather season. It would be cool if the kids could join us for that.
Since the path of totality cuts through the middle of the US, we could also just travel across the state to witness it, but that wouldn't be as much fun as getting together with the kids for a beach vacation. Anyone else making plans to witness it?

Whether we're back here for the eclipse or not, this trip has given me new motivation for learning Spanish. I did brush up on it a little bit last month (May, actually), but I think I'll continue to work on it. It would be nice to be functionally fluent when visiting here.

¡Hasta la proxima!
(Until next time!)

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

How much time does going through Atlanta add to your trip/ It's a "little" out of the way. Welcome back to the heat and humidity.

John A Hill said...

Mike,
Flying into or out of Springfield usually means having a plane change somewhere along the way. I don't know how much flight time it adds. I just look at how can I get home?
We often choose to fly from St Louis or Fayetteville AR for availability and lower fares, but that means adding in a hotel and drive time. This time, flying out of SGF worked well.