Monday, July 03, 2023

Home

It is good to be home!

After a good night's sleep in my own bed, I am sitting on my deck, sipping my morning coffee, and listening to the familiar birds of the back yard.
There are flowers now where they hadn't yet blossomed when I left in the back flowerbeds. I am looking forward to checking the status of the vegetables in the small garden boxes and other flowers. I'll mow the yard portion of the lot today and work on the rest of it later in the week. 

I am going to have to be a little more appreciative of the life that I've taken for granted. Simple common things like air conditioning and potable water from the tap are not always common things in other countries. Smooth roads, wide lanes, and interchanges that accommodate high volumes of traffic will again be the norm, as well as actually needing to drive to get anywhere. 
Although I am certain that I could adapt to the city life of Puerto Vallarta, I am definitely a fan of the quiet and peaceful rural setting where we live. 

I'm going to keep this short today. Just reflecting without needing to come up with words is what I'm feeling this morning. I am really looking forward to an afternoon or evening cigar later. 
Be thankful.
If you interact with others, be kind.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"without needing to come up with words"
So it's going to be a nice quiet day. 😊