Sunday, December 26, 2021

What's Next?

It's the final week of 2021 and 2022 is just around the fast approaching corner. I suppose this should be a time of reflection and consideration of the past year, but I think I'll just put it behind me and look ahead. I wonder what 2022 will hold for me in particular and for all of us in general.

At the moment, I don't really have much in the way of plans or goals. I do want to have a better garden than last year and have plans to get an earlier start on the planting. I'm thinking that flower gardening and landscaping will be as big (if not bigger) of a project as the vegetable garden. 

My motorcycle has been parked in the garage for all of 2021. I really need to get back to riding. There is a part of my thinking that says riding to be riding is a bit of a waste -- a waste of resources and a waste of time. It doesn't cost or use anything to sit on the deck and read, or to do a little work in the yard -- and I enjoy both of those things. I need to get back to using the bike as my main means of transportation and just ride whenever I need to be out. I also need to plan a round about trip to Colorado Springs -- maybe OKC, Amarillo, Albuquerque, CO Springs, and something equally round about for the trip home. I might need to upgrade the bike for the mountains. Just thinking for now.

I'm not really making any life changing plans nor resolutions for the coming year; just more of the same movement towards a more healthy and less consuming life. I like traveling, but am also happy staying home. I'm thinking about cutting back on the cigars a bit. I seldom smoke more than one in a day and don't smoke one everyday. There is something contemplative and relaxing about cigar smoking. It's like everything stops for an hour or so while you just enjoy a simple pleasure. But it certainly doesn't make it on the healthy living side of life's habits, so...


I feel like a bit of a slacker by not having any goals for the year. If I come up with something in the next few days, I'll be sure to let you know. If not -- well, I'm okay with that.

How about you?
Any plans, goals, resolutions for 2022?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Welcome to the slackers club.