Sunday, December 12, 2021

Home

It was well past midnight when we pulled into our driveway last night, and around 1:30 AM before I laid down to sleep. I slept well and late, getting up around 9:30 or so. Although it was sunny out, the 40 degree temp was enough to keep me indoors this morning. 

I want to share some of the thoughts that are in my head this morning, but I also want time to process and organize them a bit more. There are so many cultural differences (both subtle and obvious) between life in the Midwest and life in Mexico. Some of it was as much about city life vs rural life as it was about national culture, and some of it had to do with infrastructure and economy. It is difficult to process it all and write well about it.
I think I'll give myself some time on that. 

Today, I'm just going to enjoy being home and in my house and my space.
And I may think about where we might go on our next journey.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Cultural differences would probably drive me nuts.