Thursday, December 16, 2021

It Doesn't Feel Like Christmas

It doesn't feel like Christmas this year. The truth is -- I seem to have become somewhat of a Scrooge over the years. Maybe it's not having kids home for the holidays. Maybe it's a subtle feeling that Christmas has become a way for people to claim they are Christians in a big way for a season while they ignore everything their Christ teaches the rest of the year. 
I don't know. It just doesn't feel joyous or festive any more.

In an uncharacteristic move, I bought a Santa hat. I thought maybe it would help move me along toward being in a festive, holiday spirit. 


Maybe I'll throw on a Christmas tie for barchurch tonight!
Chris has started putting up some decorations. Maybe that will help. 
The tree, some presents, maybe a little bourbon and egg nog will help.
Somehow those things seem to be a pretty poor substitute for peace on earth and men of goodwill.

sigh

Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to get me into the Christmas spirit.
Share a story that shows that there is still peace, joy, and love in the world.
Or you can buy me a present or meet me for coffee or something with its own "spirits."
You have nine days.

Ready....
Go!

John

3 comments:

Mike said...

I guess I should start looking for presents to buy. Meh, next week.

John A Hill said...

Mike, I tried that, too -- bought a couple of presents, even wrapped them. Nothing.
Scrooge is alive and well.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog