Thursday, December 09, 2021

Cool Morning

It's a little weird how easily we adjust to the temperature and climate of an area. I'm sitting in front of the kids' apartment with a long sleeved shirt on this morning because it feels a little cool. It's 64f (17c). If I were at home, I'd probably say it was warm and be in a t-shirt. It will be 89-90 (32c) before the day is over.
As I people watch from the balcony, I see locals wearing jackets or sweatshirts as they walk past and tourists in shorts and t-shirts. I generally have a pretty wide comfort zone and am comfortable in most any moderate temperature. It's weird that I think it's cool this morning.

We only have a couple of days left before returning home. It is great to see how well the kids are adapting to their new home and know that they are making friends and building their own community of people. They are definitely here for the long haul. I am sure they'll be happy to be able to get back to their new routine of life when we leave. 
Temps back home have been pretty nice for December and, other than a couple of days, it looks like that will continue into next week. Hopefully I'll be able to finish my deck project of closing it in to be comfortably usable through the winter months. 

Although I have checked my social media accounts from time to time this week, I have been a bit disconnected from the news. I feel pretty good about that. Maybe I'll try doing the same when we are back at home.

All-in-all, I have to say that 2021 has been a decent year and I have a pretty good life. We'll be home alone for the holidays, but that's okay. We know that our kids and their spouses are doing well and living their lives in the places that they have dreamed of living -- Aaron and Jenny in Puerto Vallarta and Hannah and Daniel in the mountains of Colorado.

I hope today finds you well, happy, and at peace in the world.

John


No comments: