Sunday, June 27, 2021

Easy Like Sunday Morning

It is an easy Sunday morning. Coffee on the deck with Hannah while looking at the cloud covered Pikes Peak. I'm sure I'll have coffee tomorrow morning before heading to the airport, but this was probably the last relaxing coffee I'll have with Hannah for some time. (Dad sigh)

I passed on a chance to go lake kayaking today. I'm sure there will be other opportunities in the future. I'm going to have to plan a motorcycle trip this way. Google maps says 770 miles, 11 hours and 11 minutes from home to here with current traffic and construction. That's a long, but doable day.
I suppose I could plan a Royals game with an overnight in Kansas City. That would make a short day and a ballgame followed by an 8 hour ride. Or maybe plan a Springfield Cardinals' game in Wichita -- a little longer first day and a little shorter second day. Maybe a three day ride and do both! There are options to consider.

I haven't been riding much this year. Many of the road miles I 've done this year have required a car. As for local riding -- somedays it's difficult to leave the peace of the back porch. Riding has its own kind of relaxing peacefulness, but it is different. 
In any case, today is an easy day. Daniel is out on the kayaking trip, Hannah is looking for a new coffee shop, Chris is still sleeping, and I am left to contemplating the Universe and appreciating the wonders of nature. Too bad I don't have a good cigar! 

I'm kind of looking forward to being back home. There are always things to be done around the place and mostly I find it rewarding if not enjoyable. But for today -- nothing. Chill, read, visit with Hannah and Daniel. 
The entire day will be easy like a Sunday Morning.

John

https://youtu.be/aCsZ3_db_Fk


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend. Hope you're able to get more riding in this summer. And go check out a Royals game if you can. I've never seen their stadium in person but it looks awesome on TV.

Mike said...

I think you'll do all those trips eventually.