Friday, June 18, 2021

Virtually Un-social

I'm scrolling through Facebook and Blogger this morning and realizing that I've not been on much in the past week or so. There were several days of blogs that were unread, lots of missed Facebook posts, and I'm certain many more missed tweets.

No big deal. I have a feeling the coming week will be more of the same.
Apparently I'm becoming virtually un-social to go along with my normal anti-social behavior.

You should try it! 
Sure, you'll miss some hilarious memes and cat videos, but those things don't really add much to your life, -- or do they?
I still get notifications of posts, tweets, news stories, etc., on my phone, so I haven't completely abandoned social media. It's just that I'm not scrolling and trolling through posts for more than a few minutes before moving on to something else. I'm finding that to be pretty calming. 
It's like social media is the background noise of life today. When it's missing, things just feel really quiet. It is a peaceful place to rest your soul. Sit quietly without your phone or computer and see what I mean. 

I don't imagine that I'm going away from social media. I still enjoy blogging and posting on Facebook. I spend more time on Twitter than other forums, but have been there less frequently as well. The nice thing about consistent anti-social tendencies is that nobody really misses you when you ghost. 
I still have thoughts to share from time to time and feel like I need to write more often. There seems to be a little bit of a therapeutic effect from typing at the keyboard and having to put thoughts and feelings into words. We should probably be as careful with what we say as I try to be with what I write.

Speaking of being virtually un-social -- has anybody been following the Southern Baptist Annual Convention? 
I wonder if they realize how they keep distancing themselves from the people they believe need a relationship with God. They seem dead set on making themselves as irrelevant as possible.

smh

Busy day ahead. Gotta get going. 

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Scrolling through the net is more fun than working on the toilet which I should be doing.