Sunday, March 07, 2021

Sunday Quiet Time

It's my Sunday morning quiet time. I've had some time to browse through my memories on Facebook, catch up with some news on Twitter, and just enjoy the warmth of the fireplace and a cup or two of coffee.
Some of the articles I read this morning reflected the lack of integrity of so many religious leaders. It's a sad commentary on what American Christianity has become.

Yesterday I read a pastor's tweet that compared a Christian that doesn't go to church with a cancer patient that refuses to go to the hospital. I really wanted to offer my comments about that, but scrolled on because I am not a friend/follower of that pastor and I think it's a bullshit comparison. I stand by my personal assessment that the further I got from religion, the closer I got to God.

I'm in a pretty good spiritual place right now. I enjoy sharing thoughts with the people of The Venues Church where we were attending before the pandemic hit and relegated us to online church. In some ways I do miss the in person services (back on the 28th!), but in others ways I am perfectly comfortable on my computer while sitting by the fireplace or out on the deck (depending on the weather). I guess it's a little sad that I really don't miss being around people that much.
The truth is -- there are quite a few people I am looking forward to seeing and sharing a hug or handshake, and just catching up on the missing year, but still... sigh.

For now, I'll enjoy a few more quiet Sunday mornings. Online church start in a few minutes.
Have a great day.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"it's a little sad that I really don't miss being around people that much."
Enjoy it while you can. It will be over before you know it.