Sunday, March 14, 2021

Life in the Ozarks

It's mid-afternoon on a cloudy Sunday and I find myself where I will soon be finding myself on a regular basis -- sitting on the deck, smoking a cigar, and listening to the sounds of nature. Because the day is grey and dreary, the peeper frogs are already making themselves heard even though it's hours before their usual active time. If you are not familiar with their sound, it kind of sounds like the someone hung sleigh bells in from trees. 

I don't mind the little bit of rain we've had the past few days. I'm going to need to be turning some ground this week to get the garden area ready and I am hopeful that the rain will make it easier. Truthfully, I could be working today, but I'm enjoying this moment as it is. The damp air and cool wind make sitting on the deck futon pretty inviting. I've added a DVD player to my outdoor setup and expect to be doing daily Tai chi when the mornings are consistently warm enough. 

I was planning on shaving the beard at the spring equinox on Saturday -- kind of a personal farewell to winter and hello to spring. I may not wait that long since Chris seems to be tiring of my long hair, unshaved face, and general unkempt appearance. Time for a shave and a haircut (two bits)! Personally, I'm okay with it long, but you know the saying -- Happy wife, happy life!

I was going to post my Student Venues lesson from this morning, but since it is a little bit about Celtic Christianity, I figured I'll wait until St. Patrick's Day to post it. (Actually, as I type that I think that I should go ahead and set it up now and just schedule it to post on Wednesday morning.)

The sky is looks like more rain soon and there are rumbles of thunder along with the occasional bolt of lightning, so I'm going to sign off and enjoy the sounds of nature and the majesty of God's creation. 

Be well, friends!
John

No comments: