Monday, March 29, 2021

Spring Swing and Monday Motivation

I don't know of anything more motivating than sunny and 70f (21c) on an early spring day!
As is typical in the Ozarks of SWMO, the spring weather swings from sunny to stormy and warm to below freezing. There are now a couple of overnight temps in the coming week that are expected to be below freezing so you'd better cover those early spring plants and blossoms!

I know I'll be outside painting the remaining two downspout flower boxes today and planning some additional landscaping areas. I'm wondering if we need a front yard gathering place for neighbors to stop by and visit. We had an impromptu gathering at our neighbor's this weekend. It was inside by the time I joined them. I know our backyard will be the place for planned gatherings, but there is something uninviting and isolated about the backyard when it comes to impromptu gatherings.

It is nice to see more of the neighbors as the weather is warming up. We have a good feel in the neighborhood and I am hopeful for more of those unplanned come over, have a cigar and a cool drink kind of nights. 

Time for a quick breakfast and then outside to absorb some sunshine and get to work. Those flower boxes aren't going to paint themselves!

Be well,
John  

1 comment:

Mike said...

They are talking about one night coming up where the temps could go below freezing. The big decision will be, do I try and save my magnolia blossoms with some overnight fires. I haven't had any outdoor fires in a while. This could be fun.