Monday, March 15, 2021

Daylight Savings Time: a rant

Once again, there is a push to make Daylight Savings Time (DST) permanent in the United States.
Personally, I think it is stupid.

While I certainly enjoy the sunshine hours later in the day, I've always felt that local governments, schools, and businesses could just as easily have summer hours and winter hours and we could leave the damn clocks alone. 
Putting DST as the permanent standard in the US will be like having a separate standard of measurement than the rest of the world! (Yes, I think it's past time that we join the world and go metric!)

There are times (literally every day) that I wonder how we have managed to survive as a species. We use some pretty messed up logic to arrive at even more messed up solutions.



John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think we should go back to every city having whatever time they want! :) Metric - yes.