Thursday, December 19, 2019

Advent 2019: Dec 19, Day 19

Luke 19

Summary

Jesus again reminds us that even the people we think are beyond redemption are not too far from God's love and are able to be saved.

This next parable has often troubled me. The harsh landowner doesn't fit the merciful, loving father that Jesus talks about. So what gives?
The thing that I wonder about is the first part where it says that he told the parable because they thought the kingdom was going to appear immediately. Was the parable to say if it was the way you think it is, it might play out like this? Or is God really going to slaughter all who don't recognize him?
I don't know.
Yep, that's my answer. I don't know.

Jesus enters the city for the final time, weeps over Jerusalem, and cleanses the Temple.

My take away

This is it.
Jesus enters Jerusalem and will teach in public a few more times before the end comes.
Is he the one? Does Jesus fulfill the prophecies about the coming Messiah? Is he the Savior of the world?
Let's continue tomorrow and see.

John <><

No comments: