Friday, June 09, 2023

Words of Wisdom

I'm not offering any today. I'm seeking them.
What have you got for me?
I'm talking about real gems; not the smart-ass kind that I might offer. If you were to boil all of life's experiences and lessons into one pearl of wisdom -- what would it be?

I was asked this question recently. My answer was -- Be kind.
It seems like a no brainer, but very few people seem to understand its importance and effectiveness. It's a lesson I should have learned much earlier in life since I grew up in a household that had the kindest person I know. I just never paid enough attention to the great benefits of kindness and the impact that it has on the giver, the recipient, and even on those that observe or hear about it later. 

I'll admit -- sometimes people make being kind difficult for me. Sometimes the best I can do is walk away and not be an ugly person back. I don't think that's truly an act of kindness, but it often feels like it is.

Anyway --
Help me out here. I'm still working on being a better person and learning about wisdom, love, living in community (ugh), and contributing something worthwhile to society.
What is the gem that you would share?

Meditate on that for a time and let me know.

John

No comments: