Sunday, June 18, 2023

Thumb tapping from the beach

Sunday morning coffee on the beach and without my Chromebook has me tapping out my blog on my phone.

Yeah, I know. It's a first world problem and I'll deal with it. 

Life is easy here -- not because I'm retired, but because there is so much more community and much less competition. There is an easy attitude that lets everyone be themselves and the community seems to watch out for each other. There also appears to be much less government regulation over small, individual businesses ( I could be wrong about this ).

The US Americans that have made this their home seem to live with much less stress than they had back in the US. I'm not sure how long it takes to get used to the summer heat and lack of a/c in many places, but that's more of an issue for Chris than for me. 

Of course, we have very little stress as retirees on a decent pension so that part doesn't matter as much. But still, the easy attitude toward life is pretty darned attractive. No cold weather is a big attraction for me!

There is some kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding on the water this morning. I'm looking forward to getting my kayak out when we get back.  I have yet to try the stand-up board but think I would like that, too -- maybe more than the inflatable kayak.

I'm pretty certain I have another easy day ahead of me. I hope you do too!


John

No comments: