Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Sunrise was a bust

Sorry. No sunrise pic this morning.
I was awake early enough and hoped for a rooftop pic as the sun rose over the mountains behind me, but it is the beginning of the rainy season in the tropics and the early morning sky to the east was a solid overcast. 
On the bright side (well, on the shady side) maybe that will keep it a little cooler during the day. 
I ran into the same overcast problem when looking for a beach sunset pic last night.

My walk last night took me past Eulo's Bakery (that might have been intentional), so this morning I am enjoying a couple of pastries with my coffee. One of the very noticeable things about Mexican pastries and desserts is that they are far less sweet than what we are used to in the US. 
I like the less sweet treats so much better.

I am usually not much of an early morning breakfast kind of guy, and I seldom have sweet breakfast foods like pancakes, waffles, or pastries. It was a nice exception this morning, but I doubt that it will become a regular habit. I typically wait until noon or so before I start eating.

I can see that the sun is shining through the clouds now and pretty soon I'll head upstairs for a morning swim and a little exercise to start the day. I've been trying to talk Chris into getting a pool for home. I'm pretty sure I would make good use of one. 

I hope to get in a couple of walks around town and down to the beach. I managed to get my steps in yesterday, in spite of taking it pretty easy. Maybe I'll do the same today.
I found myself in a long conversation with a guy visiting from Tennessee while I had a late lunch at Monzon Brewery yesterday. His wife was getting a massage and he was passing the time at a local brewery. Sounds a little familiar (except for the part about talking to strangers).
Then a young guy came over to chat for a bit while I was relaxing by the pool. Both were decent conversations but left me kind of wondering -- Do people need to express themselves to other people so much that they talk to complete strangers? Or do I just look like a lonely old guy in need of some company? It just seems a little weird.

As one of my older, more experienced cousins once shared with me -- There are no days off in retirement. 
So I am off to enjoy another day of retirement -- poolside, beachside, or wherever I find myself today --
I am thankful for this very privileged life I have.

Adios, amigos!
John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"Do people need to express themselves to other people so much that they talk to complete strangers?"
There are boatloads of people like that. We are just not in that group.