Thursday, June 29, 2023

Who am I?

What has happened to me?
I've been out pretty much every night this week with -- get this -- people!
And it hasn't been terrible. I'm not sure if I'd call it fun, but it has been enjoyable.

I will say that I am very happy that Aaron and Jenny have such a great community of friends. They are nice enough to invite us to hang out with them while the kids are away. We did karaoke at one bar on Tuesday night (my participation was to observe and encourage), trivia at a different bar last night (we won), trivia for older people tonight at a third bar, and we have a party invite to someone's house on Friday. I think I've spent more time with people this month than I'll probably spend in the entire second half of 2023!

We don't have plans (that I know of) for Saturday and I think I'll need a recharge day to prepare for the people in airports and airplanes on Sunday, our travel day home. Maybe I'll just hang out at the pool and get things ready for the trip home.

Home.
I'm going to miss the pool. I think I need one. It doesn't have to be big or fancy, just a place to enjoy on hot, summer days after a day of mowing or working in the flower beds and garden.
Speaking of mowing -- it's been a month and I'm sure that my neighbors will be happy to have me get everything cut next week. At least it will be hot and humid even if it is going to be a little cooler than this week at home. 
No worries. Summer heat is my jam. And after a month in the tropics I am well conditioned for the SWMO summer. One of Aaron and Jenny's friends said I'm as brown as shit (or maybe she said I'm full of shit, idk). I think that means I'm pretty dark. As a matter of fact, I changed the skin tone of my Facebook avatar to reflect that.

Have a great day.

John


No comments: